Q. Why use ePortfolio Manager?
- In addition to the numerous portfolio management features, it provides the added bonus of tracking the cost basis on each security for tax purposes.
- It historically calculates basis on uncovered securities (meaning purchased prior to January 2011 when the new regulations went into effect).
- The user interface is designed to be an easy-to-learn format. User is guided through the application with ease and can learn the tools by clicking around the application.
- ePortfolio Manager can assist with aspects of your portfolio such as asset allocation, divided by asset category with a drill down to various industry segments.
- It produces various reports to allow you to analyze the performance of your portfolio.
- It populates the 8949 Form and Schedule D Form with critical cost basis information at tax time.
Q. What is the difference between an ESPP User account, a Premium User account and a Professional User account?
- The ESPP user has access to their Employee Stock Purchase Plan account.
- The Premium user has access to their entire portfolio, up to 10 accounts (including any ESPP accounts)
- The Professional user has read-only access to their clients’ portfolio which consists of their various accounts all in one location for better management.
- The ESPP user can upgrade to Premium user plan at any time.
Q. How do I import my investment accounts into ePortfolio Manager?
- You can accomplish this by either OFX connection or manual import.
Q. Is ePortfolio Manager secure?
- ePortfolio Manager uses secure encryption & identity assurance services provided by DigiCert®.
Q. What if my ESPP company or investment broker isn’t supported?
- Call ePortfolio Manager’s customer service to ask if it can be developed.
Q. Can ePortfolio Manager prepare my 8949 and Schedule D Form?
- Yes, ePortfolio Manager can prepare for years 2009, 2010, 2011 and soon 2012.
Q. How can ePortfolio Manager help with sale planning?
- The difference between one sales methodology or another can be significant. By using the tax optimization tool to analyze the various sales methodologies, you can analyze the most advantageous tax lot to declare when you sell. Minimize your capital gains taxes and maximize your after-tax returns.
Q. Some of the securities in my portfolio were transferred into my current account from a previous account. Can ePortfolio Manager support this?
- Yes, ePortfolio Manager has a unique transfer reconciliation process that handles current and historical account transfers with ease.
Q. How do I know if my cost basis has been adjusted for a corporate action?
- The activity report provides an audit trail of corporate actions and the accounting to cost basis adjustments. This audit trail is important to substantiate your cost basis numbers.
Q. Can ePortfolio Manager calculate cost basis on Options and Bonds?
- Options, yes. Bonds, coming soon.